OurBrainBank News, Publications, Press Releases.
OurBrainBank News, Publications, Nesletters, Press Releases.
Journalists: please sign up for our mailing list to receive press releases
“Grieving mother demands improvements in ‘neglected’ cancer Nicola Nuttall’s daughter Laura died in May, aged 23,” Ella Pickover, Evening Standard, July 2, 2023
“Cancer campaigner Laura Nuttall dies of brain tumour, aged 23,” Lawrence Sleator, Times of London, May 22, 2023
“‘Peter Kay supported me through my cancer treatment – now he’s part of the family’” Deborah Linton, The Telegraph, November 13, 2022
“All In My Head: Writing in The Nowhere Office,” The Nowhere Office (podcast) with Julia Hobswam, July 3, 2022
“All in My Head by Jessica Morris review – a candid and defiant memoir about cancer,” Nicci Gerrard (book review), The Observer (UK), June 27, 2022
“The terror of brain cancer, fighting for time and the desperate need for a new approach,” Crisis What Crisis? (podcast) with OBB UK Board members Andy Coulson and Richard Clemmow, June 2022
“All in My Head by Jessica Morris review – an attempt to make the incurable treatable,” Kathryn Hughes (Book of the Day review), The Guardian, June 10, 2022
“How Jessica Morris Greeted Her Cancer Diagnosis With Patient Power” WellDoing.org, June 8, 2022
“When I found out about the brain tumour that would kill me, I faced my worst fears – but I chose to take it on” Except from ALL IN MY HEAD by Jessica Morris. The Guardian, May 28, 2022.
“The Jessica Morris Story: Founding the OurBrainBank Movement to Help People with Glioblastoma” Conquer, the Patient Voice, August 202
“An Interview with Kipling Beardsley, Newly Appointed CEO of OurBrainBank” IBTA Magazine, August 2021
“Pilot study of smartphone-based health outcome tracking (OurBrainBank) for glioblastoma patients” Journal of Neuro-Oncology Practice, July 2021
“Jessica Morris obituary: Campaigner for better treatments for people with brain cancer” The Guardian, June 30, 2021
“Jessica Morris obituary: PR executive who founded a pioneering charity after she was diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer” The Times of London, June 29, 2021 (PDF version)
“Jessica Morris, Whose Brain Cancer Was Her Cause, Dies at 57” The New York Times, June 10, 2021 (PDF version)
Jessica Morris on Legacy.com; sign the guest book, June 11, 2021
“With the help of neighbors” Cornwall Chronicle, March 2021
AONN+ conference: OurBrainBank won an award for Outstanding Poster Award in the category of “Patient Advocacy and Patient Awareness” November, 2020
“Health facts: Patient’s app can teach medics about brain cancer” The Irish News, October 16, 2020
“Meredith Moore — 15 year progression free survival of Glioblastoma Multiforme,” Interview with OBB board member Meredith Moore, The Human Guinea Pig Project (podcast), September, 2020
“We Are Living With Brain Cancer. Here’s How Biden Could Help Us” The New York Times (Op-ed by Jessica Morris and Jana Bennett), Aug. 22, 2020
Launch of Global Bill of Rights for Glioblastoma Patients (OurBrainBank press release), July 20, 2020
“Connecting OurBrainBank” MyHealthAppsBlog.com, April 2020
OurBrainBank founder Jessica Morris opens first ever Glioblastoma Drug Development Summit, Boston, Dec. 10-11, 2019
“My Brilliant BBC friend Jana — and the brain cancer discoveries I’m hoping can save her” Daily Mail, Dec. 7, 2019
“Former History President & BBC TV Chief Jana Bennett Reveals Brain Tumor Battle” Deadline, Dec. 5, 2019
“Former History boss Jana Bennett supports brain cancer app while revealing diagnosis” Television Business International, 5 December 2019
“OurBrainBank: People-powered, tech-enabled start-up tackling brain cancer launches in UK” Leeds Institute of Heath Sciences News, 5 December, 2019
“Our Brain Bank: Free App to Tackle Glioblastoma in the UK” Tessa Jowell Brain Cancer Mission, Dec. 2019
“OurBrainBank’s Patient Power Helps Empower People With Cancer” WellDoing, Dec. 4, 2019
“Ex-BBC boss Jana Bennett treated for same brain tumour that killed Tessa Jowell” The Evening Standard, Dec. 3, 2019
OBB Press Release: OURBRAINBANK: PEOPLE-POWERED, TECH-ENABLED START-UP TACKLING BRAIN CANCER LAUNCHES IN UK, Dec. 3, 2019
“Hope for brain cancer” The Leader, The Evening Standard podcast, Dec. 3, 2019
“Patient power: People around the world are fighting the most aggressive form of brain cancer by sharing digital updates with researchers and each other,” Jessica Morris, Tortoise Media, Nov. 30, 2019
Park Slopian Turns Deadly Cancer Diagnosis Into Resource Cancer App Kings County Politics, July 1, 2019.
OBB Press Release: 94% OF PEOPLE WITH GLIOBLASTOMA DEMAND HEALTHCARE OVERHAUL. Top finding from unprecedented survey of GBM patients. First Glioblastoma Awareness Day, July 17th, is bipartisan effort to tackle the brain cancer that killed Senators McCain and Kennedy #GBMDay, July 16, 2019
“App Helps Move Glioblastoma From Terminal to Treatable, Powered by Patients” CUREtoday.com, July 8, 2019.
‘OurBrainBank: an Introduction,” Brain Tumour, the magazine of the International Brain Tumour Alliance, World Edition, 2019-20.
“Study of a smartphone-based symptom assessment (OurBrainBank) for subjects with glioblastomas.” (Abstract) American Society of Clinical Oncology 2019 annual meeting (ASCO19).
“Impatient Patients and a New Approach to Disease Treatment,” International Clinical Trials, p. 8, May 2019.
OBB Press Release: PEOPLE WITH GLIOBLASTOMA DEPRIVED OF BEST CHANCE TO SURVIVE, OurBrainBank survey about access to clinical trials, full survey results, April 8, 2019
“AONN+ Announces Winner of the 2018 CONQUER: the patient voice Hero of Hope Patient Award” (OurBrainBank Founder Jessica Morris) Conquer Magazine, January 31, 2019
“Me, We and RWE. The Importance of Designing for the Patient First,” Dec 17, 2018. Applied Clinical Trials.
OBB Press Release: Findings Of OurBrainBank App Pilot Study Unveiled At The Society For Neuro-Oncology’s Annual Meeting 2018 November 16, 2018. SNO 2018 Study Abstract and Poster
“How a Patient and Doctors Worked Together to Form Innovative Non-profit OurBrainBank,” KNect365 Life Sciences, November 9, 2018.
Video Tweet of OBB Founder Jessica Morris at the Biden Cancer Summit, WDC, September 2018
“Sen. John McCain is Discontinuing Cancer Treatment,” CNN, August 24, 2018
“Health and Technology in the Modern World,” The Human and the Machine podcast, June 26, 2018
“A Remarkable Campaigner on Turning Her Own Adversity into Connected Triumph,” ThriveGlobal.com, June 18, 2018
“Like Tessa Jowell, I Have a Brain Tumour. I Hope her Death Inspires New Research,” The Guardian (UK), May 16, 2018
“Brain Cancer Patients Make Connections,” CancerTodayMag.com, American Association for Cancer Research, May 1, 2018
“Dame Tessa Jowell Treating Brain Cancer with Pioneering £240,000-a-year Electronic Skull Cap,” The Daily Mirror (UK), April 8, 2018
“A New App Aims to Harness Data from Patients with Brain Cancer,” StatNews.com, March 15, 2018
“From surviving to thriving with #OurBrainBank,” ThriveGlobal.com, March 14, 2018
OBB Press Release: “OurBrainBank: People-Powered, Tech-Enabled Start-Up to Tackle Brain Cancer,” March 13, 2018
“Living with Glioblastoma,” National Brain Tumor Society, BrainTumor.org, March 2018
“I have brain cancer. Drug Companies and Med Schools Should Be Compensating Me for My Expertise,” StatNews.com, February 27, 2018
“Maria Menounos Meets a Glioblastoma Patient,” Dr. Oz Show, September 25, 2017
“John McCain’s Brain Cancer, and Mine,” The New York Times, July 20, 2017
“Profile: Jessica Morris,” Novocure.com, 2017
“How a Bizarre Skull Cap Could Help to Zap Deadly Brain Cancer: Electrode Therapy Increases Survival Rate by 13%,” The Daily Mail (UK), May 20, 2017
“Brain Cancer Survival Improves with Novel Electrical Device, Data Suggest,” The Washington Post, April 2, 2017
Podcast by Felix Pilkington, on his mother’s first year living with GBM, 2017
“Interview Special: Jessica Morris,” Better Angels Podcast, TheirWorld.org, 2017
“Brain Cancer Patients Survive Longer by Sending Electric Fields through their Heads,” IEEE Spectrum, November 20, 2016
Our friend Adam Hayden contributes opinion pieces for STAT News: open letter to Senator John McCain following his glioblastoma diagnosis. Adam argues for better compensation for patient advocates involved in drug development and medical education. Adam on advocacy with the National Brain Tumor Society, on Twitter chat @BTSMchat, and his blog, Glioblastology.
Sign up for the OurBrainBank newsletter to hear about the latest GBM developments, conferences, events, OBB in the news, and more
- 05/25/2023 – ALL IN MY HEAD out now in the USA, our Chair speaking in Washington today, Sacramento event May 27
- 04/28/2023 – New website, #HeadStrong for Go Gray in May, California events
- 03/14/2023 – OBB at SNO, New Executive Director, GBM in the news, survey on personalized care, California event
- 02/17/2023 – Invitation to OurBrainBank benefit in Southern California, March 18th, 2023
- 02/03/2023 – Save the Date: OurBrainBank event in Southern California, March 18th, 2023
- 02/03/2023 – Save the Date: OurBrainBank event in Southern California, March 18th, 2023
- 12/28/2022 – Here’s how your gift to OurBrainBank will help people living with glioblastoma in 2023
- 11/29/2022 – Please give today, Giving Tuesday, to help people living with glioblastoma
- 11/22/2022 – Giving Thanks with OurBrainBank — and a Request
- 11/08/2022 – Finding help at home and other resources, Long-term survivors in the news, GBM Awareness Day success
- 07/19/2022 – GBM Awareness Day: July 20, podcast about GBM in the UK, bike ride to benefit OurBrainBank, Sh*t Scared Mum
- 05/24/2022 – May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month, Survey on personalized care, Head to the Hill
- 04/08/2022 – Pre-order Jessica Morris’ upcoming memoir “All in My Head: A memoir of life, love, and patient power”
- 01/18/2022 – OurBrainBank mourns the death of Jana Bennett OBE, Trustee
- 12/16/2021 – Will you help OurBrainBank in our quest for better GBM treatments?
- 11/30/2021 – Please give to OurBrainBank
- 11/23/2021 – Please help us fight glioblastoma on Giving Tuesday, Nov. 30
- 10/05/2021 – The OurBrainBank movement is growing
- 07/20/2021 – Join us on Glioblastoma Awareness Day, July 21
- 07/08/2021 – NYTimes, Guardian, and the Times of London on Jessica Morris; campaign milestone
- 06/21/2021 – Matching challenge from the OurBrainBank Board in honor of Jessica Morris’ memory
- 06/14/2021 – Honoring the legacy of Jessica Morris 1963-2021
- 05/06/2021 – Meet our new CEO & help OurBrainBank in May, Brain Tumor Awareness Month
- 05/04/2021 – May the 4th be with you! May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month
- 04/29/2021 – Preview of special Voices calls for May, children’s book about GBM, sad news about a former OurBrainBank board member, game to benefit OBB
- 03/31/2021 – OBB medical advisor uses Artificial Intelligence for GBM research; Mindfulness research, OBB in small town news, Annual Report
- 01/22/2021 – Help us celebrate our founder & Chair Jessica Morris’ 5th anniversary!
- 01/12/2021 – Talk with Jeffrey Rediger, MD MDiv, author of “Cured” — TODAY — Tuesday January 12, noon ET/5pm GMT
- 12/21/2020 – Happy Holidays from Jessica and OurBrainBank!
- 12/01/2020 – A note from Jessica about gratitude on Giving Tuesday
- 10/16/2020 – Jessica Morris on finding points of lights and GBM tips from a caregiver
- 09/17/2020 – Thank you from Jessica Morris, Chair of OurBrainBank
- 08/26/2020 – Jessica Morris + Jana Bennett in The New York Times
- 07/22/2020 – Demand GBM Rights Today — Glioblastoma Awareness Day
- 06/29/2020 – Take our GBM Bill of Rights survey and help drive change!
- 05/28/2020 – Be the co-captain of your health journey
- 5/20/2020 – GBM story from a long-term survivor that will rock your world
- 05/12/2020 – Reflections on resilience
- 05/06/2020 – A mountain of thanks from OurBrainBank!
- 05/05/2020 – Today is Giving Tuesday NOW
- 05/01/2020 – MAY the Fourth be with you — Brain Tumor Awareness Month
- 04/24/2020 – How you can help the brain cancer research community during Covid-19
- 4/2020 – Coping and connecting during the Covid-19 crisis
- 3/2020 – Brain Tumour Awareness Marches on to Mountaintops
- 1/2020 – Climbing Mountains for GBM
- 12/20/2019 – Happy Holidays! Help us defy glioblastoma in 2020
- 12/11/2019 – OurBrainBank: going global
- 12/10/2019 – OurBrainBank LIVE in the UK!
- 12/02/2019 – Tomorrow is Giving Tuesday!
- 11/26/2019 – Give to OurBrainBank on Giving Tuesday
- 11/20/2019 – A busy week for the brains of OurBrainBank
- 10/23/2019 – Tell us your glioblastoma story and we’ll tell you our news
- 07/16/2019 – Glioblastoma Awareness Day: survey results and three new programs #GBMDay July 17
- 07/03/2019 – Take a survey and a selfie for Glioblastoma Awareness Day
- 07/02/2019 – Survey for GBM Awareness Day July 17
- 06/03/2019 – “I’m surviving glioblastoma because…”
- 05/22/2019 – Ever more determined in the face of adversity…
- 04/12/2019 – GBM Patients losing out on clinical trial opportunities—survey results
- 04/08/2019 – People with Glioblastoma Deprived of Best Chance to Survive (press release)
- 03/20/2019 – Correction to newsletter: proper link for gifts to OurBrainBank
- 03/20/2019 – Celebrate OurBrainBank’s first anniversary! Clinical trials survey, Shiny, become a GBM activist and grow our movement
- 12/18/2018 – Spirit of Giving
- 11/27/2018 – OurBrainBank Giving Tuesday